Shared proxies are different from private proxies. Shared proxy comes up with a different set of advantages as that of private proxy. A group of people has access to the IP address in terms of shared proxy. In contrary, a private proxy is only accessible to one individual. If you as an individual decide to become a part of shared proxy, then you are not the only one who will able to use it. While as a beginner, you will have to look at pros and cons of both the proxies, private and shared, in order to analyze that which one is better.
Advantages of shared proxy
Shared proxy offers its users a great range of advantages, few of which are:
- You can enjoy a free or inexpensive shared proxy
- You will share the overall cost of the services offered to you
- These are useful for an individual who uses several proxies but for few hours only
- Public proxies are helpful while using SEO software in terms of harvesting data
- Such proxies support SOCKS5 and HTTP services
- Public proxies can be used with websites and other applications
Advantages of private proxy
A private proxy also offers a great set of benefits to its users, few common benefits are:
- Only one user can use it.
- Private proxy hides your IP address from other people
- Full anonymity is provided in such proxies while you are surfing internet
- As no one else is using the same proxy, therefore the speed is high
- It is easy for a private proxy server to circumvent all types of blockages of the websites
- You can unlock numerous bypass and applications restrictions while using internet
- One can successfully avoid and block spam
Differences in speed
- Shared proxy: Many people use a public proxy which slows down the overall speed of the internet. As the server is used by multiple users, which divide the overall speed among all those users. Therefore, in terms of shared proxy, speed is low.
- Private proxy: A single individual is using a private proxy which means you are the only one who is using the server. Therefore, the speed of the server is high. The private proxy comes up with protection and privacy, personal information of the user is safe.
Differences in Security
- Shared proxy: Free public proxy is full of spammers and hackers. The personal information is exposed as multiple users are using it. Various people can gain access to your passwords and other such information while using a public proxy.
- Private proxy: When it comes to the security of the server, there is no comparison in between public and private proxies. High-level security is provided to you in the shape of private proxy. All your information is visible to you only and no one can get access to it.
Differences in Anonymity
- Shared proxy:
Majority of these proxy servers are run by the unscrupulous websites that can expose your information. Most of the shared proxies are transparent, which means that rather than hiding your identity, they deliver the information to the website.
- Private proxy:
A private proxy can guarantee you that your identity will be anonymous. This invisibility ensures complete security and concealment while you are using the internet.
Differences in Price
- Shared proxy: As you know that in terms of public proxy, the server is divided among multiple users. Therefore, the overall price of the proxy is also divided among all the users.
- Private proxy: A private proxy is under the control of one user. As one user is using all the services which mean that he will have to pay the whole price. Therefore, the price will become high.